Thursday, September 12, 2024

Some Recent Poetry

Have been reading a lot of excellent new poetry. Some of my recent favourites include Kwame Dawes' Sturge Town, Alan Fyfe's G-d, Sleep, and Chaos and Camille Ralphs' After You Were, I Am. Here's a couple of pics Tracy took of me reading from After You Were, I Am excitedly to the birds, trees, grass and water at Deep Water Point on the Djarlgarro Beeliar in Boorloo/Perth. Here, I am specifically reading Ralph's brilliant 'kyrie eleison' and vocalising its soundscape/word-play/deconstructive ironies, and also its theological echoes. Ralphs is a sculptor of poems with intense technical skill as well as slant insights.




And I'd also like to mention our son Tim's first collection of poetry, Wingbeat, which is full of the natural world and David Lynch.

    John Kinsella




No comments: