Sunday, April 19, 2009

You never know who's reading poetry...

By Tracy

The UK’s Guardian has a long interview this weekend with the actor Viggo Mortensen, probably best-known as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. The article only caught my eye because the caption mentioned poetry.

So I browsed through to see what Viggo recommends (he also writes his own), and the interviewer tells us:

“He’s suddenly concerned that I don’t have reading material, so he dashes up to his hotel room to get me a book of poems, El Dorado, by Dorothy Porter. ‘I think you will like this. She’s a woman poet from Australia.’”

(May her poems continue to be read and shared...)

2 comments:

Barbara Temperton said...

Thanks, Tracy. Dorothy would have approved!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracy - great to see that Dorothy's legacy will live on! If you are interested I found a link to Viggo's art and poetry
http://www.brego.net/viggo/viggo-art.php